A fairly good week for my pull list. Lots of great comics rivaling The Defenders for this week’s POW! Most, if not all, of the links are out to Comic Vine.
- Action Comics #4 – Grant Morrison goes back to a Golden Age (or is it a Silver Age?) story about Braniac bottling up various planets. In the original story it allowed Superman a way to go back home. We’ll see where Grant Morrison goes with it since he usually takes stuff from the old days and then gives it a twist.
- X-23 #18 – X-23’s attempts to keep the Richards kids continues to spiral out of control. We also get some great moments of emotional growth for X-23 that really make me sad that Marjorie Liu is losing this title. X-23’s remained emotionally stunted for years (decades?) in our real life timeline and Liu has really done great things with her!
- Amazing Spider-Man #675 – The Vulture arc ratchets up. I’m not 100% sure where things go from here, but it’s nice to see Spidey and Carlie able to work together in the service of fighting crime.
- X-Men Vol 3 #22 – The International action continues! Action!! A good guilty pleasure!
- X-Club #1 – These are some “science bastards”. I know this makes me love Doctor Nemesis as a character whereas before I didn’t really care about this dude that seemed to have TB (why else is he always wearing the mask?)
- X-Factor #228 – Weighty stuff that’s probably awesome if you’ve been reading for a while.
- Detective Comics #4 – The Dollmaker arc ends in an action-y blaze of glory. Not much detective work, sadly as that’s my favorite part of Batman’s stories.
- Huntress #3 – this mini-series is still very fun to read and I enjoyed the fact that Huntress finally had someone capable of fighting back.
- Penguin #3 – I am loving this mini-series SO much! You really, really need to be reading this. It has some of the best macabre humor I’ve ever read! Penguin comes off as a true, ruthless gangster.